Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Not My Best Idea Ever

Work has been slow these last couple weeks. And by slow, I mean, the entire office clocked 2 hours of on-the-clock hours yesterday.

Our solution for that freedom? Go out and day drink. For hours. Before playing kickball. That was the fun part. Lotsa laughs, good times bonding with the people I spend most of my time not-talking to, since we all wear headphones at work; they're a funny group of folks.

Yeah, not such a great idea, the five pitchers before kickball. In addition to the ridiculous caloric intake from allllllll the beer I drank, I totally gnarled up my ankle when it was my turn to kick. I can hardly walk today. I'm not sure if I can stay in the league, which is heartbreaking to me, because I was really looking forward to this.

Why does beer have to taste so good? Why is drinking such fun?


1 comment:

  1. Oh darlin' - just cuz. That's why beer tastes so good - same with chocolate. Here's hoping you can stick with the kickball league - wish I could get over my kidhood scars to try it.

    Maybe the chiro lady can help you strengthen that ankle too?

    ReplyDelete