Thursday, April 1, 2010

Um, ow.

Mistress Dina, perpetrator of fitness brutality and strengthening/toning torture had at me again today. My lands, babies, it was intense. The front desk staff came into the small, sweltering back room to watch me toil, and tell me how good I was doing, along with a peppering of how glad they were that they weren't me. It's nice to feel so supported in my doctor's (chiropractor's) office. Truly. Even as I was sweating and shaking and making funny noises and contorting into all kinds of unladylike positions, I was feeling good about it, all because I know that they really want to help me feel better and be healthier, and that no one is judging me because I have boob sweat stains or jacked-up hair.

Today is my first day symptom-free from the carpal tunnel in a month. I love my chiropractor. It is incredible how much I took for granted the fact that I lived my entire life free from chronic pain, before this little hiccup. Feeling good is a blessing.
Now I'm going to go sit in a tub full of hot water and epson salts and pray that when I stand up out of bed tomorrow morning, I don't want to throw up on the floor because my thighs burn so bad.

Big love. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. A) I'm typing this while chewing a mouthful of chocolate pound cake

    B) I am as always, inspired by, and proud of you. That shit is Not Easy, and you are AWESOME for sticking to it.

    miss ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain - the yoga instructor at the YW kicked my ass so hard last week my ELBOWS were sore. Didn't know THAT could happen.

    You are a rock star, AND I am so glad there is a light at the end of your pain tunnel.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete