Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thereby hangs a keychain

It's official, I'm a sucker.

Weight Watchers is promoting exercise with a walk a 5k in six weeks program, and if you walk or run a 5k on June 6 you get a charm for your WW key chain. I got the key chain when I hit 10% of my weight lost and got a charm (that seriously looks like a washer for a tub drain) when I hit the 25 pound mark.

I slid that cheesy ass key chain with the washer on it right on my regular key chain with the thought that the more I see it the more motivated I'll stay. Seems to be working. Although I don't really find myself staring at my key chain any more than I did prior to being awarded this faux copper little beauty. And I'm not rubbing it like Uri Gellar attempting to bend a spoon on my bad days. Nevertheless, there it hangs.

The charm for the 5k is a big silver '5k' - it's actually kinda cool, and I want one. BAD. Who knew that some star shaped stickers and key fobs could actually help to keep a fat chick on the road to Wellville.

And then there's the fact that Jennifer Hudson is now the new spokesperson for WW - who needs Duchess Fergie when you can have Effie from Dreamgirls cheering you on?

When did this happen?!? How did I become Little Miss Yay Rah Go Establishment??? Now I'm certainly not broadcasting the fact that I've joined WW to anyone other than you fine folk here, so it's not like I'm gunning to dethrone JHud. I'm just not sure if I'm entirely comfortable being so involved with something so corporate.

But it IS working. Hmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment